earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2021

This morning, while washing my face, I took a good look at my reflection in the mirror. I saw an old man. Moles so many I can put up a shopping mole. The overhead warm light reflecting wildly on my extended forehead. White short stubs appearing inconsistently along the plane. Cheeks giving in to earth’s pull. I smiled at the image that I see in front of me to reveal more of the hallmarks of age: wrinkles, creases and grooves. Yep -I am old.

But I count my blessings. For every mole and line, I count a dozen blessings and favors from God. All the 61 years behind me, even if they were imperfect with grave miscalculations, under and oversights, made my bones tougher.

The person I see in the mirror I love. Because I am His child.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

8 comments:

  1. Ramon Monteclaro SawitMay 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” ~Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gima Solano MendozaMay 20, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    May Pfizer daw diyan sa QC medical center

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gima Solano Mendoza Thanks, Gi. We were told it's Astra, eh. Not good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gima Solano MendozaMay 20, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    Espn Ren may Pfizer diyan. Diyan nag pa vaccine sis in law na taga proj 6, sa Waltermart & Esteban, Astra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina Ealdama CamachoMay 20, 2021 at 9:04 AM

    It's all about perspective....seeing the positive in the season you're in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlene Abando-CadeliΓ±aMay 20, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    I really love your coffee cup reflections! Every time I read it, parang I can really hear your voice. It's full of wisdom. Thanks for reminding me that it's ok to age... to count all my blessings! Yesterday, Jedi graduated from Senior High... Jumer and I also graduated from being a homeschooling mom and dad... 13 years of homeschooling! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arlene Abando-CadeliΓ±a oh wow! Congratulations to the family. On to the next exciting chapter of God’s blessings. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember this: the older you get,the clever, tougher and blessed you are...its a big blessing to reach our age, others didnt make it.xxx

    ReplyDelete