Our IKEA can opener finally gave its last spin yesterday. Some good things never outlive a light bulb even if you’ve paid a hefty sum for it considering it’s just what it is -an elementary can opener. Am I supposed to have an extra or a spare? The question not only goes for the everyday can opener but for many other basic tools or gadgets in the house, office or car. The question matters heavily to me because for the past 5 different levels of this pesky pandemic querulous quarantine that I’ve been through, decluttering and minimalism have been my game plans. It somehow opposes the very basic idea of elimination and offloading that the plans espouse.
While this malfunctioning brain does its work in trying to find answers to the question ("don’t buy canned goods anymore" or "borrow from the good neighbor") I’m currently at peace with a sharp Santoku knife, unless, of course, it breaks -it’s blade and my skin included.
In times like this, one has to make do with what he has -creatively and carefully.
Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

Naku I can't find the ever efficient ECKO can opener selling in the market now...it was the most basic tool I used to order as a buyer for the companies i used to work with... I have tons of can openeRs & expensive ones but all not functioning as one....grrrrrr
ReplyDelete