earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

We homeschooled our children in elementary -Andre in his last two years while Nikkei in four. In my class, it was Andre. In my wife’s, Nikkei. Suffice it to say, they graduated best in everything in their respective classes. It was one of the best decisions we made as a family. Our children were taught according to their learning styles: Andre was more kinesthetic, while Nikkei was more visual. They’ve learned to be very creative while in class. Like in taking breaks. Examples:

"Oh-the-eraser-fell-very-far-from-the-table-I-must-pick-it-up" break.

Explanation: The poor eraser did not accidentally fall 10 meters away from the table. And it was so difficult to find where it landed.

"May-I-sharpen-the-pencil?" break.

Explanation: The pencil didn’t need sharpening 5 times per subject. The trip to the sharpener was through the kitchen and the living room.

It was also during that time when I was still a struggling actor while my wife was a struggling trapeze artist. Just kidding. We were struggling financially. Homeschooling helped reduce our expenses remarkably. The world was our classroom. We got to teach them the ins and outs of my business. The ins and outs of life. The Christian values we imparted did much. I am comforted with the thought that their future is bright.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

8 comments:

  1. Bigyan ng jacket YAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramon Monteclaro SawitJune 1, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    Wow, very impressive you’ve both done. Congratulations and surely happy of the results. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reng David-MorelosJune 1, 2021 at 9:02 AM

    You raised them well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say thats a hardwork, but congratulations to you and Rizza! It pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree….you raised them very well!!! The fruits of your love and care for each of them you are reaping now. Thank you Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecille U. AguilarJune 1, 2021 at 9:08 AM

    Idols!

    ReplyDelete