earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

I cheated. You don’t have to tell my wife or my kids because they already know. They were with me. We all cheated. I broke my lent sacrifice of eating vegan -nothing that had eyes, nothing that had a mother. I ate ๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™๐™– (spanner crab) cooked in sweet-spicy sauce in the tradition of Makasutra Gluttons Bay in Singapore. I had good reasons for eating. Ask me, "What?"

One: Our host told us that the persons who fished them out of the deep, dark waters risked their lives so other people may eat and enjoy. It was an appropriate response to eat to honor their sacrifice.

Two: I was hungry.

Three: I haven’t eaten this big a ๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™๐™– ever in my life before. Ever! I only had to eat half and history will be made.

Four: I was very hungry.

Five: I was reminded of the time in Singapore with my family when I was still living as a normal carnivore. Nothing bad reminiscing while employing the taste buds, eh?

Six: See no.4. Add another very in the middle of the sentence.

So there. I confess. May you not find in your hearts to judge me in my weakness. Don’t we all fall sometimes? I’ve only just vegan.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment