earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Seed

If we only knew how God regards this Sacrifice, we would risk our lives to be present at a single mass. -St. Padre Pio

In the beginning, when I was growing up, there were no words like these from a beloved saint to inspire. Just catechism and my mother tagging us along every time she goes to Mass, Sunday Mass to be exact. 

Masses then were lengthy, boring and irrelevant, I found myself complaining. High Masses made me anything but high. There were more important matters to spend time on but I was obliged and felt obliged.

Then I grew up even more.
Each Mass became an escape from the chaos of daily grind, opium to run away from problems. I needed It to break free.

After many more years, Jesus finally happened in my life.
The Mass grew on me –Its importance and relevance. 
Now my daily schedule is structured around It. Without It, a day is never.
I’ve learned to trade boredoms for peace;
I’ve learned to trade escapes from chaos for spiritual refreshments in the midst of chaos.
The Mass is where I get needed inspirations. Mass miraculously stretches my time making it possible for me to do daily tasks –more wisely. I gain bits of wisdom that are triggered every time a senseless decision threatens its ugly face. I know that I can better power through challenges that choke my day.

In the Mass, more than asking for anything, I offer thanksgiving knowing that He will bless me with more reasons to go. Sure I go when there's a problem. Or when there's a difficulty. Or when there's none. Oh heavens, I go everyday. Afterall, it is written:
In all circumstances, give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. 1Thessalonians 5:18. 
And my way of giving thanks is the Mass because I always find a reason -many reasons- to be thankful.
Just my general take on life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment