earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Friday, May 22, 2015

Alone With My Kids: My Wife Left Me!

Wednesday morning. Early morning. Like it was just a few days ago. Wait, it was only 2 days ago but it seemed like it's been 4 already. All her bags were packed, ready to go:

-to Japan!

She left home and the 40º weather for the land of ramen noodles and size-10 onitsukas.

Am here dunkin' my pan de sal in my 3-in-1 thinking what did I do to deserve this? By this I mean the 3-in-1 coffee and the charcoal-grilled pan-de-sal breakfast. Coffee is too sweet! And the pan-de-sal... well, read on. But this is not what this is all about. This is all about my sunglasses -my branded sunglasses.

I was about to toss in yesterday's freshly-baked pan-de sals into the oven toaster when I heard an fb notification beep in my tablet. I thought it must be a post from the ex-wife (ex here means exceptionally sexy, or extremely beautiful). So I hurriedly turned the oven timer and reached in for the tablet to check. I saw this:


Thanks to Didith, her post prompted me to transcribe my lonely thoughts into this blog. And thanks to Didith, am having charcoal pan-de-sal for breakfast -and therefore the sigh: I don't deserve this! 

After the smoke in the kitchen has cleared, I started pounding on my mac while my ex-wife with the Central Bank of China (ninang Bing), the Rural Bank of Paranaque (sister Reng) and the Paluwagan Queen (best friend Ardis) are being shuttled from their hotel somewhere in Japan where most Japanese live, to Yokohama to visit the tire factory, I guess.

I feel better now that the kitchen temperature has dropped to <50º, thanks to 2 working electric fans in full blast. I only have to deal with my misery the next time I drive for an errand or work or for whatever reason -wearing my branded sunglasses.

I am moving on with my life. My kids need me and the dishes in the sink are waiting...


このような、人生です... (translation: Kono yōna, jinseidesu...)

No comments:

Post a Comment