earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Friday, April 17, 2015

When Subtraction is Multiplication


I am technical, therefore, the title.
                      or
The title, therefore, I am technical.
But mind not the metaphysical aspect of the beginning, this is just the cause and effect of my reading Thomas A. -the dude that started it all.

I just feel the need to publish this train of thought -actually a reflection of today’s gospel reading. I am right in the middle of a project meeting waiting for my item, which is I think is stuck between the 36th and the 51st slides, to go up the discussion board. I arrived late -just when the 12th slides off the screen but early enough to catch the first of the doughnuts that got passed around.

Hmmmm, donuts!
And just like that, I am reminded of the mass early this morning:

                 Jesus then took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, 
                 he distributed them to those who were seated; so also the fish, 
                 as much as they wanted. And when they had eaten their fill, 
                 he told his disciples, "Gather up the fragments left over, 
                 that nothing may be lost." So they gathered them up and 
                 filled twelve baskets with fragments from the five barley loaves, 
                 left by those who had eaten. 

                -John 6:11-13



For me, this is a lesson about gaining abundance. That it is by sharing that one gains more. But why does it seem difficult at times to part ways with what we have? Again, Jesus showed how. He gave His whole being -everything for the service of His Father and of mankind. Then the rest came easy.

Jesus didn’t start giving Himself away to the will of the Father in Calvary, or in the Garden, or during the Last Supper. He started from day one. His life is a testimony to this.

Let’s not complicate something so simple.

You subtract, God multiplies. Give all to gain all.
Do the Math!

Oops! My slide is on...


No comments:

Post a Comment